The following 3 conversations happened with Madelyn in the past 2 weeks. So join me as I recount....
Situation #1:I was driving around in the car, with both kids in the back seeming to not really be paying attention. I was looking for a school and didn't really know where I was going. So, when I stop and get out Madelyn says, "I think I have seen this before." "Yes, " I responded, "I kinda drove in a circle." And Madelyn's response: "No, mommy. It was more like a 'Q'." !! HA HA! And you know what, she was right! The direction I went was more in the shape of the letter Q!
Situation #2:I was looking for a parking space...again, said kids in back not seeming to be paying attention. I go around the block and finally stop and find a parking space nearby. Again, Madelyn's response, "Mommy, we just came by here." Again, my response, "Yes, I know, I am going in circles (again, speaking idiomatically!)." And Madelyn, again, "No mommy...it is more like a '6'"!! HA HA!! And again, as I thought about the path I drove from ABOVE, it would have looked like a 6!
OK, onto situation #3...Yesterday: Gary was supposed to pick Madelyn up at a certain time at school and arrived a little late. So, he is met with a rush of kids and goes to Madelyn's classroom, doesn't find her, runs out to the front to talk with her teacher, still doesn't find her. Goes back again to the back yard where her age-group usually plays and there he sees her all alone. So, by this time she is a little teary and whimpering. Gary says, "Maddie, I didn't see you! I have been looking for you! Did you see me?" (all while giving hugs, so he was being as sweet as possible) Madelyn says, "Yes, I thought I saw your red shirt. And then I thought I saw you walk out that way. You did a '7' and you came back." HA HA! Luckily Gary kept in his giggle so he could comfort her...but what kid describes things like that!!??? A '7'?? And the funny thing is that if you were to look at the path he took from above, it would have looked like the number 7!
So, there you go: If Google Earth were to mind meld with a 6 year old :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ha Ha what a smart little cookie!
Okay, that has to mean something. Like that she's a genius or something.
Clever girl!
Does that mean she's going to be an engineer? Or does it point to artistic tendencies? hhmmmmm I'm guessing engineer.
Grandma Deborah
Well, I don't really know what it all means...she could be just inundated at school with numbers and letters that she is seeing them EVERYWHERE!! HA HA
Post a Comment