Sunday, October 5, 2008

Birthdays and more Birthdays!

Well, since both kids started school this year, I have been so overwhelmed with helping them transition, and navigate the local language, and HOMEWORK (they give 6 year olds a lot of homework!) and so I am waaaaaayyy behind! So, here are a couple of albums with pictures from both kid's birthdays:

FIRST, Nate's: on August 19th, our little guy turned FOUR! wow. Hard to believe that more than 4 years ago, after newly arriving in a foreign country, I realized I was pregnant and then 9 months later her was born in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. I was on bed rest twice when at early stages it looked like I was miscarrying, then later when it seemed like I was having pre-term labor. But, Nate hung on and was actually born only 2 days before his due date. Altho the pregnancy was way too eventful, the birth was not as much and he came quickly! So, here is my little guy with his new title (he came up with this himself!): "Nate the Great climber, jumper, finder, opening present and go to school guy"
Nathan's 4th Birthday


NEXT, Madelyn's: On October 2nd, Madelyn turned 6 years old! 6 years ago in Arizona, this girl was born and we were so GLAD when it finally happened. Since, I had been in the hospital for 25 hours by the time she was finally born. And don't forget the water story...I was filling up my water bottles at a water kiosk (all over the place in Phoenix) and realizing I better drive home fast because I gotta go pee! Then all of a sudden I realize I am soaking wet. Did I pee my pants? Did the kiosk break? NO! Um, I better get to the hospital NOW because my water just broke! HAHA! But, several complications later (and 25 hours!) Madelyn was finally born. And she was a healthy black eyed little beauty...now she is in first grade. Man, it DOES go fast!
Madelyn's 6th Birthday

LAST, in between both kids' birthdays, Gary had a birthday--WHOOHOO! He finally caught up to me at 33 years old...but I will get ahead again come March. I didn't get any pics of his big day, but he got to eat fajitas with fresh tortillas and a Duncan Hines box cake from the States, and open some great presents from family.

1 comment:

Laura Scott said...

Oh My! I am a horrible Aunt/Sis in law~ Happy Birthday Nate! Happy Birthday Gary! Happy Birthday Maddie! Dates just don't stick in my head. Randy and I both forgot our anniversary two years in a row. The cards we get in the mail are a gentle reminder to tell each other happy anniversary. Horrible I know. Anyway, I can't believe your baby is FOUR! Wow...I need to see those kiddos!!! Maddie, I am sooo jealous of the barbie butterfly...that thing looks AWESOME!!! Love you all
Laura

Followers

Powered By Blogger