Friday, December 12, 2008

Prayer Room


In Uzbekistan God built in our team a heart for LABORING in prayer--for our friends, family, and for ourselves! And it is a labor...I remember one time being so overwhelmed by the need to pray for a certain boy that I would lift him up to the Lord while doing anything mundane (ironing, dishes, hanging laundry, even checking email), and I would also wake in the middle of the night thinking and lifting him up. I honestly could not characterize myself as a "person of prayer"--for me it is labor, one I relish, but that I must be disciplined in and ask for passion for. God seems to be increasing our hearts as a team for it because He has asked us to commit to even more hours in the week for prayer (meaning, meeting with Him, allowing Him to speak, speaking to Him about those we know who don't know Him, and letting him transform our hearts and worshiping Him) and we have opened a room up in one house to do it in so that we can hold each other accountable to it. Keep in mind we are keeping a careful tension of accountability and much grace! For instance, one of my hours of prayer I came down with an extreme migraine and was not able to walk across town (nor even think at home!) to labor in prayer. But that is the first time it has happened so far. Anyway, we decided to fast and do back to back prayer on Monday (a holiday here) to inaugurate our Prayer Room. I have to admit, it was awesome! We had a small ceremony before we broke our fast with communion and then celebrated with a big meal together. Another neat thing is I was trying to think of a way to include Madelyn and Nate. So, we made up our own hand/body motions to the song 'Come, now is the time to Worship' and they were awesome! Here is a photo of us together:

2 comments:

Laura Scott said...

oh so happy to see an update and see what you have been up to. I keep thinking this summer is not that far away!!!

Sarah said...

So I want to hear more about how the Prayer Room works, exactly. Details! ;)
Love Maddie and Nate and you, singing with motions. You are an amazing mom. !

Followers

Powered By Blogger