Saturday, March 3, 2007

Our new apartment

This is what we call the "salon" part of the apartment. This is the nicest part of the house, because this is where your guests will sit or eat when coming over. Typical local fashion would have this room decorated to the hilt, then have a separate salon where the family sits on a regular basis and watches tv. We will be a little different for now and put our tv in this same room, but will conceal it and keep it in the corner. We also are breaking from tradition and have bought furniture BEFORE we have put in curtains and rugs! But, it will happen ASAP! Well, as soon as I work up the guts to go out and exercise my language and find a person to sew the curtains for me. We got all our furniture and appliances at a used bazaar. Even buying new appliances, we saved hundreds of dollars going to this used bazaar. Pretty cool!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, talk about a speedy response to feedback! I miss you folks...

Emma Saperstein said...

wish i could babysit m'dears maddie and nate in your salon room! miss you much..

Laura Scott said...

I Love your new place to live in Maddie and Nate! And the park looks AWESOME!!!

Dax said...

I clicked on the picture to enlarge it--because I'm blind. ;-) I couldn't help but noticed Gary. I think he needs to work at not yelling at the kids so much. Maddie and Nate are so use to it they don't even notice anymore.

;-)

Followers

Powered By Blogger