Monday, August 11, 2008

Me? A peacemaker?

Usually this blog is not really much more than an internet scrapbook. I like to have a creative side, and so it fits the mobile creativity that I need to have living overseas. But, today I just feel like sending out into the internet void that if this summer were a 'semester' in my college of Life, it seems its focus would be on peacemaking. As in making peace. I have had several situations recently where I have had to make peace in relationships. At times the need to make peace has occurred out of a still beginners knowledge of this new language...other times it has occurred out of my brokenness reacting badly to people...and still other times it has occurred out of ignorance in which someone is hurt, and I realize, "wow, I didn't see that coming!" and I don't want to let it go. It is not easy to make peace with people. Honestly, there are many times I feel valid to feel the way I do and I have no desire to see their perspective or their hurt. But, even tho I have many experiences lately (and have been kicking myself for it!) I am reminded of why I am here. In Titus I am told to "be peaceable and gentle, showing consideration for all men" and what better way to show that but through humbling myself, apologizing and making peace? And in Matthew one of the best beatitudes (can you really just choose one?) says, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." Well, good! I want those around me to know who I am an offspring from!! And in Ephesians it talks about feet being "sandaled with the readiness of the gospel of peace." Well, I am not always ready, but maybe the Lord is refining it in me. Much of what I see here in this country and all over the World is an absence of peace. So, here I am bringing as much peace as I can with me into each of my relationships. That way, the Prince of Peace can begin to reign here.

No comments:

Followers

Powered By Blogger