Well, it is official. We have prayed much and decided to send Maddie to a local, but private, school where Maddie would be immersed in the local language for about 5 hours a day! I know, are we crazy?? No! Actually, we prayed and looked for the school, and then let Maddie decide. Although she was a lot more than just reluctant the first day, she actually went the second day without dragging her feet. And now (I am posting this 3 months after the fact!) the girl can't wait to go! She loves her teacher, has 2 very close friends that she talks of often, and she is confident like I have never seen her before. Today we saw a little puppy on a walk and she began speaking to him in the local language because of course he doesn't know English! The picture shown is Madelyn with her teacher, and one of the many pets around the school: a baby rabbit.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Maddie Goes To School
Well, it is official. We have prayed much and decided to send Maddie to a local, but private, school where Maddie would be immersed in the local language for about 5 hours a day! I know, are we crazy?? No! Actually, we prayed and looked for the school, and then let Maddie decide. Although she was a lot more than just reluctant the first day, she actually went the second day without dragging her feet. And now (I am posting this 3 months after the fact!) the girl can't wait to go! She loves her teacher, has 2 very close friends that she talks of often, and she is confident like I have never seen her before. Today we saw a little puppy on a walk and she began speaking to him in the local language because of course he doesn't know English! The picture shown is Madelyn with her teacher, and one of the many pets around the school: a baby rabbit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment